Why not join us? French Immersion is a second language learning program for students who do not speak French at home.
- Students entering Grade 7 through 9 should be currently enrolled in a French Immersion program.
- Transportation is provided from Medicine Hat and Redcliff.
Students enrolled in the French Immersion program experience:
- Small class sizes
- All core subjects and Physical Education delivered in French by two fluent French teachers; one a native Francophone, and the other a product of a French Immersion Program
- Depending on enrollment and scheduling, in some school years French Immersion classes may be split-level
Did you know that:
- The number of French speakers around the world range from 100,000,000 to 250,000,000.
- 25 countries have French as one of their official languages.
- French and English are the languages of world diplomacy. French is an official working language of the United Nations, the International Red Cross, the International Olympic Committee, the European Economic Community, and the International Labour Bureau.
- French is the second most frequently known by Europeans in addition to their mother tongue. Nearly 1/5 of non-Francophone Europeans say they know French.
- French is the second most frequently taught language in the world.
- It is the second most prevalent language on the internet.
Knowing a second language:
- Increases your child's personal pleasures such as the enjoyment of literature, art, music, theatre, travel, and personal relationships;
- Increases your child's understanding of and respect for other peoples and other cultures;
- Gives your child access to a larger pool of information and to more educational and career opportunities
Learning a second language:
- Develops your child's listening and learning skills as well as self-discipline;
- Increases cognitive abilities, creating a more flexible thinker;
- Enhances his knowledge of and his ability to communicate in his first language;
- Makes learning a third or fourth language much easier.