Medicine Hat Catholic schools will remain open during inclement weather unless travel within the city of Medicine Hat is not recommended. Heavy snowfall and winter road conditions can result in school bus schedules being unavoidably delayed. Busses will run as close to schedule as possible, but delays do occur and should be expected. Please ensure children are dressed warmly and appropriately for inclement weather.
- Schools will remain open during inclement weather unless travel is not recommended.
- Schools will only close during inclement weather when the Medicine Hat Police Service advises no travel on city streets.
- School bus cancellation due to inclement weather will be determined by Southland Transportation and communicated to the School District by 5:30am.
- Announcements about school closures will be communicated on local radio stations, posted on the district website and social media.
- Visit Southland Transportation's My School Bus Monitor for local updates.
- Parents have the ultimate responsibility in making the decision on whether children walk to school or to the school bus during inclement weather.
Student safety is always a priority. MHCBE will continue to work closely with Southland Transportation to assure that students are safe as they travel to and from school each day.
***St. Mary's School will be making extra calls to contacts when a student is absent to ensure the student is safe***